Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Well this day went to hell in a handbasket....

Well, I am not happy to say the least... all was well until I went to make supper. I went out the back door to get some food out of the chest freezer when I found a pink piece of paper stuck in the door. I took it out and on one side it said "this property has been checked and deemed safe by Bayfield County Sheriff's Dept." So I am thinking what in the world happened??? I turn over the paper and it says "Please call regarding one of your dogs." Well, when me and Kenners and Kaden got home from work/daycare Dozer came out of his doghouse and walked up to us dragging his chain, so I figured he had just came undone and Damon would tie him when he got home in 1/2 an hour. He was his normal goofy self, so I never gave it a second thought. SO.... I call the sheriff's dept and talk to the dispatcher and the officer that was out to our house was off duty and wouldn't be back til tomorrow morning. She said she would look into the message and see what it was about. WELL here is the calamity... Evidently some stupid person is claiming that they hit Dozer in their TRUCK and they are saying that he smashed out their entire grill and headlights. There is just nooooo possible way that could happen and Dozer would be fine. He seems as though he may have been hit, he is a little sore on his shoulder and has about a 1/2" cut on the inside of his ear. I told the dispatcher this and she said that just didn't seem feasible for him to do that much damage and still be alive, let alone be tall enough to damage that part of a truck. Needless to say, I am freaking out, because nobody saw this happen and how are we going to prove otherwise??? Are we going to get sued right before Christmas???? I am thinking this idiot hit a deer or something and is trying to get it paid for... Well, I will post more tomorrow, the sheriff is supposed to call me in the morning.... Like I will be able to sleep.

No comments: